TOP Reasons for Choosing Asphalt for your Pavement Project
Did you know that there are many businesses who choose asphalt for their paving project? There is actually a significant increase of its popularity over the last few years. Do you even wonder why? Well, asphalt are widely used because of the many benefits it can offer. As a matter of fact, this material are used in different areas such as parking lots, roads, and even basketball courts.
In the United States, 94% of its paved surfaces use asphalt. Many roads are made of asphalt as it provides an efficient and safe transport.
But, why do engineers consider asphalt as the first choice for most of their projects? To help you understand the underlying reasons, below are the different benefits it can offer.
1. It’s recyclable. Researches and studies have shown that asphalt has little carbon footprint and allows precious natural resources to be conserved through recycling. It’s a hundred percent reusable and recyclable. This is the top reason why this is very popular these days. The material can be reused several times making preservation possible. With many people becoming more concerned on how to preserve the environment, this material wins the challenge.
2. It’s cost-efficient. Another thing that you’d love about asphalt is the fact that it’s cost is lower compared to other materials such as concrete. With its ease of installation and short construction time, this material doesn’t require much cash for the project to finish. In addition, it’s life can be extended through a routine maintenance.
3. It’s easy and fast to install. As mentioned earlier, this one can be constructed easily. Not to mention the ease of maintaining it. This is why many businesses and even government contracts go for asphalt as many don’t want to prevent people to use the roads for a long period of time. Asphalt doesn’t need time to cure, compared to concrete. This allows vehicles to pass through the roads very soon. This is very beneficial to businesses and busy roadways that can’t afford delays.
4. It’s flexible. Another benefit of asphalt material is its flexibility. It can be tailored to withstand any climate conditions and traffic loads. This would simply mean that it can withstand during harsh winter and summer.
5. It provides a smooth ride. Asphalt surfaces are known for its smooth ride. Since it doesn’t have rocky surfaces and construction joints, it provides a quite and smooth ride to everyone.
6. It’s safer. Asphalt is a very strong material. It’s durability is well known. A durable roadway is very important to a safe and smooth driving experiences. With asphalt, there is less water spray which allows for better visibility even when raining. The dark color lessen glare for drivers. On the other hand, it’s contrasting stripping colors allows drivers to easily see the road.
So, these are the different things that you can surely expect from asphalt material. And, there are still many benefits to discover once you use this for your next pavement project. This is ideal to any projects such as retail, commercial, and government projects.
How I Achieved Maximum Success with